Click here to view the most up-to-date Summit agenda.
Mark Your Calendar for Important Dates
- Monday, April 16: All speakers notified and important due dates and instructions communicated via email
- Friday, June 1: Submit outlines and PowerPoint draft to your committee liaison
- Friday, August 17: All PowerPoint and presentation materials due from selected speakers*
- Click here to download the SUMMIT 2018 PowerPoint template
- Monday, September 17: Audio-visual equipment requests due from selected speakers* to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Thursday, October 11: HRMAC SUMMIT 2018
*Upon acceptance of your submission, you and your co-presenter(s) will be asked to agree to the timeline and deliverables required by HRMAC. Missed dates may result in the selection of another speaker or presentation. Due dates are subject to change.
Promote Your Session
To help you market your presentation and ensure a full room during your session, HRMAC has put together a speaker marketing kit for you to download and customize when promoting your session.
Audio-Visual and On-Site Arrangements
- Each session room will be set with a podium, LCD projector, screen, podium microphone and wireless lavaliere microphones for speakers. Speakers are required to bring their own laptop computers and cords.
- A wireless/wired Internet connection will NOT be provided.
- Speakers will be offered flip charts/markers upon request. Any additional audio-visual requests may be at cost to speakers.
- Printed handouts of your presentation or other materials will not be provided. If you so choose, you may bring approximately 150 handouts to provide to attendees. Handouts will be available in the mobile app if submitted by the deadline, to be shared at a later date.
- Please click here to download the PowerPoint template for SUMMIT 2018. All speakers are required to use the PowerPoint template. Please email email@example.com with your final PowerPoint by August 17.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or concerns.
Call for Speakers Guidelines
- HRMAC members will be given priority consideration. Both service providers and HR practitioners are encouraged to submit a proposal.
- Present a 60-minute session, including group interaction and audience Q&A. Panel discussions are acceptable, with a maximum of three speakers allowed.
- All submissions will be reviewed by the HRMAC Summit Committee and will be evaluated on the basis of:
- Relevance of content to the profession
- The practical application of content
- The interactive nature of the program
- Multiple session proposals may be submitted; however, only one session will be selected from any given organization/speaker.
- Presentations or case studies constituting a sales pitch for products or services will not be considered.
- Speakers must identify up to three competencies from the guidelines that will be addressed in the presentation.
- All speakers agree to cooperate/collaborate with one or two Summit planning committee members whose role is to ensure a relevant and professional presentation. This activity will include email correspondence and conference calls.
- No reimbursement or honorarium fees will be given to education session speakers chosen for Summit.
- Presentations using slide decks must use the official HRMAC Summit PowerPoint template, which will be provided at a later date.
- All professional service and sole practitioner members must agree to the following to be considered as a speaker:
- Present a 60-minute session with a client or clients (up to 3 presenters total) to include a 45-minute presentation, split by client and professional services organization, and a 10- to 15-minute audience Q&A session. Only one representative from the professional services team will be allowed to present.
- Commit to be a Summit Learning Session sponsor. Agree to pay a $3,000 speaker and sponsor fee for the session. Limit one session per organization.
- Commit to be an exhibitor of Summit.
- Content must be free of commercial bias and must be educational in nature.
Acknowledgement and Acceptance of Terms and Conditions
As the primary presenter/sponsor for this proposed session at SUMMIT 2018, I attest that I have thoroughly read the submission guidelines. I understand and agree that I will be responsible for communicating in a timely manner with HRMAC staff and any clients/co-presenter(s) regarding information about my session.
If my submission is selected, I understand and grant my permission that:
- The Summit Committee has final determination of educational breakout sessions.
- Each educational breakout session will last 60 minutes. Sponsoring companies must split the presentation time evenly with their client(s) co-presenting.
- I am responsible for adhering to the Call for Speakers deadlines and the guidelines and submission outlined above. If I fail to do so, the Summit Committee reserves the right to remove my session from the conference program.
- I am responsible for submitting all required presentation materials to HRMAC by the provided deadlines for review by the committee and for marketing purposes. I understand that my session is not a showcase for promotion of any business, practice, or product. The direct promotion of products and services is prohibited.
- I understand that as a professional services/sole practitioner member, I agree to adhere to the policy of presenting in conjunction with a client or clients and agree to pay the $3,000 speaker/sponsor fee, limit one session.
- I understand that as a professional services/sole practitioner member, I agree to use the scripted introduction and closing comments for the session, furnished by HRMAC.
- I understand that as a professional services member presenting with a client, I am responsible for coordinating our presentation and meeting all submission deadlines. If that is not possible, all client contact information must be submitted no later than Friday, March 30 and must be emailed to email@example.com using "SUMMIT 2018 Client Presenter Information" in the subject line.
- I am responsible for obtaining permission to reproduce my handouts if copyrighted by an organization other than HRMAC. I am responsible for preparing handout material for my session attendees if necessary, via mobile app before the deadline, or for on-site distribution.
- I must refrain from overt statements, harsh language, or pointed humor that disparages the rightful dignity and social equity of any individual or group.
- My co-presenters and I will receive a complimentary full registration, arranged by HRMAC, upon submission of all required materials. No other honorarium or reimbursement will be given.
- In the event of a cancellation, I will notify HRMAC in a timely manner.
- I authorize HRMC to publish my presentation materials on the HRMAC website and the mobile app. I represent that I have the authority to allow HRMAC to distribute with attribution, my presentation in its entirety if it should choose, and that any such distribution will not violate the intellectual property rights of any third parties. If that representation should prove to be untrue, I agree to indemnify, defend and hold HRMAC harmless from any claims of infringement asserted against it as a result of its distribution of my presentation. It is agreed that I will not receive a royalty or payment of any kind for HRMAC's use and distribution of my presentation.
- By submitting a proposal to the HRMAC Summit Call for Speakers, I officially agree with the terms and conditions outlined.
*Note: The Summit schedule and guidelines above are subject to change.